Some mixes I have created over the years.
May 2011 Music Is Cake mix
Freeform selection of stuff I was digging at the time with some all-time favorites. Old hip-hop, booty tracks, dancehall, poppy side of german techno and some indie pop.
Tracklist unavailable but the mix is split up into individual tracks with labeled song names.
I made this mix in 2009 for the Atomic Music Club when I had some interest in music from Iceland following my trip there. As I was picking tracks for it I also had the idea of alternating ambient tracks with spare songs that foregrounded the vocals. Near the end there’s an extended minimal techno interlude which I don’t feel belongs anymore but at the time I figured it symbolyzed long polar nights. About half the artists in the first part of the mix are from Iceland but some of the other music fits a vibe though it has nothing to do with Iceland per se. I’ve lost the tracklist but I’ll attempt to reconstruct it…
- Novos Baianos – Acabou Chorare
- Psychic TV – Iceland
- Biosphere – something off “Substrata”
- Chris Watson – Vatnajokull
- something off “Noi Albinoi” soundtrack by Slowblow
- This Mortal Coil – Another Day
- Ryuichi Sakamoto – Ice
- something off “Finally We Are No One” by mum ???
- some icelandic dude
- fishing village recording by some Japanese dude
- something off “Vi6 og Vi6” by Olof Arnalds
- something off “Rigning” by Yagya
- Mike Parker
- Jeff Mills – Time After Space
- Pacou – Encounter
- something by Rob Hood ???
- Surgeon – Optic
- Population One – Two Sides To Every Story
- Jeff Mills – Humana
- Philus – pH
- something off “The Drone Sector” by Planetary Assault Systems
- something by Stilluppsteypa ???